cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

port forwarding nightmare need genius help

thejudge
Just Moved In

Hello - hoping for a resident genius to help with port forwarding on FXA5000.

Recently moved, in the old house the same model, FXA5000 had port forwarding/mapping with plex and rdp working correctly and ports open confirmed via portcheckers.com. Windows firewall has the correct rules. Source IP was 172.218.-.-

After moving however, the ports remain closed, added the same port mapping in the new hub and restarted. yet it stayed closed. telus installer revisited twice and actually changed the hub 3 times over various issues (telus phone not working) Also connecting the NAS server to the hub itself doesn't work either. 

In trying to troubleshoot, have tried to add firewall rules to the hub, but interestingly the public ip address isn't in a range that the firewall accepts. I wonder if that IP assigned to me might have something to do with not being accessible. could be natted / CGNAT  - new IP is 23.17.-.-

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2

Allensolomon
Neighbour

@thejudge wrote:

Hello - hoping for a resident genius to help with port forwarding on FXA5000.

Recently moved, in the old house the same model, FXA5000 had port forwarding/mapping with plex and rdp working correctly and ports open confirmed via portcheckers.com. Windows firewall has the correct rules. Source IP was 172.218.-.-

After moving however, the ports remain closed, added the same port mapping in the new hub and restarted. yet it stayed closed. telus installer revisited twice and actually changed the hub 3 times over various issues (telus phone not working) Also connecting the NAS server to the hub itself doesn't work either. 

In trying to troubleshoot, have tried to add firewall rules to the hub, but interestingly the public ip address isn't in a range that the firewall accepts. I wonder if that IP assigned to me might have something to do with not being accessible. could be natted / CGNAT  - new IP is 23.17.-.-

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hello,

I see your post

Please follow below 

It seems that the change of location and the new Telus hub may have introduced some complications with port forwarding and accessing your NAS server. It's possible that the new IP address assigned to you is using Carrier-Grade NAT (CGNAT), which can restrict external access. To troubleshoot, consider reaching out to your internet service provider (Telus) to confirm if CGNAT is in use and discuss the possibility of obtaining a public IP address. Additionally, ensure that your port forwarding settings are configured correctly on the new hub and that any necessary firewall rules are in place.

Thanks and regards

Allensolomon

Thanks for the reply - spent all weekend with Telus and a new router as well - they tried everything but the IP address won't change. Then I tried putting the NAH into bridgemode and connecting the router, i get wifi access but anything LAN doesn't. not sure why, will try to troubleshoot more this weekend. Hopefully someone else has some ideas