cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is port 80 and 443 blocked?

am3ience
Just Moved In

I'm trying to setup my own webserver and I forwarded both 80 and 443 on the router, I can confirm the ports are open on my machine but despite being forwarded on the router as well, I'm still not able to get to my website through the internet. Anyone else have this issue? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Port 80 works for me (fibre). I've never tried 443. One thing to note is that you will NOT be able to connect to your own server from within your home network. It's a restriction that's been in place forever. In order to test, you need to use a separate device on a different connection, like a VPN or cellular.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

DrPacman
Rockstar

@am3ience I'm trying to setup my own webserver and I forwarded both 80 and 443 on the router.

the following article indicates which ports TELUS has blocked.

https://www.telus.com/en/support/article/telus-hsia-security-measures-policy

Hope this helps...

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

This may shed some light on the situation:

Solved: Telus PureFiber - Are ports 80 and 443 still block... - TELUS Neighbourhood

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Port 80 works for me (fibre). I've never tried 443. One thing to note is that you will NOT be able to connect to your own server from within your home network. It's a restriction that's been in place forever. In order to test, you need to use a separate device on a different connection, like a VPN or cellular.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

omg that's it, my website was up the whole time, I just can't get to it locally. Thank you, forgot about that restriction.