cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with the ZTE MC8010CA and ZTE MC7010CA

colinmcc
Neighbour

I recently changed to telus for my rural internet, they supplied an Outdoor Unit (ODU): ZTE MC7010CA, and Indoor Unit(IDU): ZTE MC8010CA.

I have been trying to log into the indoor unit and find out what IPs have been allocated by the MC8010CA  to various items on my home LAN, but can not find any way to access any listing.

When I log into http://telus.smarthub it seems that I am looking at the external  radio, MC7010CA, how do I access the MC8010CA  to find the info I seek? I have been going 'round in circles for several days with no success.

I would like to find out what IPs have been allocated, and then lock them to the MAC# for each device, and, identify each device by name.

Many thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

colinmcc
Neighbour

Well, I finally got through to someone at Telus who seemed to know what they were talking about (for a change). Apparently there is no webserver built into the indoor unit, so I have to download an app to my phone and can then log into it via the app/phone and 5g network. Crazy when I am sitting next to it with a nice, large screen on my PC, connected to it by a few feet of wire. 😉

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

colinmcc
Neighbour

Well, I finally got through to someone at Telus who seemed to know what they were talking about (for a change). Apparently there is no webserver built into the indoor unit, so I have to download an app to my phone and can then log into it via the app/phone and 5g network. Crazy when I am sitting next to it with a nice, large screen on my PC, connected to it by a few feet of wire. 😉

And I tried running ~$ hostname -I which told me my IP, so I knew I was on network lease range of 192.168.1.** and then sudo nmap -Pn 192.168.1.0/24  which returned 10 addresses, trying each in turn allowed me to track down the IPs of all my devices on the LAN. A result of sorts.

DenisF
Neighbour

Just log in to 192.168.1.254. It will let you in the indoor unit.

DenisF
Neighbour

You can directly access the indoor unit at 192.168.1.254

Regards