cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Hub

brettswill
Neighbour
Hi all,

I moved from an appartment to a house and I took my T3200 with me. The telus tech came and installed it at the new house and gave me a pair of wifi boosters.

So I setup the boosters but they wont mesh with the T3200. After I did some research I found this is an expected behaviour.

My brother has a Telus Wifi Hub that meshes with the boosters properly. Is it possible to still get this unit and will the ONT from the T3200 work in the Wifi Hub?

Thanks for any help.
5 REPLIES 5

DrPacman
Rockstar

@brettswill Wrote: So I setup the boosters but they wont mesh with the T3200.

Perhaps try the following, just to make sure you didn't miss any of the steps. The Boosters and the T3200M should interconnect with very little problems.

The following video should walk you through the setup from end to end... Cheers...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QtAij5lK44

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

Yes, that is the exact process I followed, but even as the video suggests the "new" boost network is seperate from the original T3200 network. Id like to have all three devices meshed in a single network.

@brettswill Wrote: Id like to have all three devices meshed in a single network.

I would just rename either the T3200M WiFi SSID the same as the boosters, or vice a versa including the Password. That way you'll have one SSID Wireless network, and not 2. That should alleviate your problem.

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

Thanks,

Ill have to give that a try when i get home, but I am skeptical. 😉

@DrPacman

I got home recently and tried renaming the SSID to be the same and that cause a whole bunch of problems.

I ended up goj g into a telus store and they say this is a common request/problem. Telus is sending me a replacement WIFI Hub.

So yay!