cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Connection Issues

Bruce88
Just Moved In

So I am a new Telus user who decided to get the 1giga bit plan. The internet works amazing on my gaming devices since i have them connected via ethernet cable. Issue is with the Wifi connection. I am consistently disconnected from my laptop and my Iphone is always having issues with loading up videos/posts. I will try to watch netflix/youtube videos and it will always take 5 minutes before it starts to work. I have the modem right next to me so i don't understand what the issue could be. I find that whenever I'm not on my phone for an extended period of time, once I try using it, it will take 5 or so minutes for the internet to start loading in reddit posts or instagram posts. My phone is fairly old, although it's only a 6S. Its really unfortunate that it is working this way as i was really looking forward to something reliable and fast but I keep having these loading issues and connection dropping issues. Hope someone in the community can provide me some info on how to fix this issue. Hopefully its just a simply configuration issue within the modem because this is being frustrating given that it's only been a lil more than a month now that I've been using PureFiber. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Are you running IOS 14? There are reported issues with this and wi-fi.

Quickly disable/enable wi-fi on your phone if you are experiencing issues seems to be the quickest way to resolve this.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Are you running IOS 14? There are reported issues with this and wi-fi.

Quickly disable/enable wi-fi on your phone if you are experiencing issues seems to be the quickest way to resolve this.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Wow, that actually works. Disconnecting then reconnecting helps out a bunch. Definitely beats waiting around for ~5 minutes. Thanks for the help!

RonAKA
Rockstar

I had an iPhone 7 and now have a iPhone 8+. What I found is that they do not like 5 GHz WiFi. I split the 5G and 2.4 G and force the iPhone to use the 2.4G WiFi. It now works perfectly. On 5G it would connect and then after an hour or so it would drop out. Turning it to Airplane Mode or Turning off the WiFi and back on again would fix it, but only for an hour or so. I have no idea why, but 2.4G was the solution for me.

I'm interested in what disadvantages are of splitting into 2.4 and 5 

Having difficulty with combined in connecting smart bulbs

I only use a T3200M modem and have no hubs. In the T3200M you can disable the smart steering which uses both bands and set up two individual bands with a different SSID. With each wireless device you decide which band you sign it into. The 2.4G has more range but potentially less separation on the channels for lower throughput. The 5G has better separation and capacity, but less range. 

Not sure what the implication is of having hubs. Have no experience.