WiFi to iPhone 7 with iOS 13 Will Not Stay Connected to T3200M Router

Highlighted
Ambassador

Yes, I recall that both the Router and the iPhone show it as connected, but when you use an app that needs Wi-Fi, it comes back saying they are not connected. Then when you try a second time it connects immediately. 

Highlighted
Guardian

So it sounds like there is an issue with the OS layer not reading the state of the WiFi connection properly from the hardware layer. I don't own any Apple products so I'm just guessing here but is there any power saving features on the iPhone that may be turning off WiFi and not turning it back on properly?

Highlighted
Ambassador

I have seen that theory about power saving being an issue when searching for a solution on the web. On a quick look it seems turning on the power saving is an option and does not happen automatically. Just downloaded iOS 13.3 and am praying there is a fix.

Highlighted
Ambassador

What do you think about manually setting a fixed IP address assigned to the iPhone MAC address?

Highlighted
Ambassador

I switched to a fixed IP for my iPhone. It worked for about 3 hours yesterday. It now does not work about 2.5 hours after signing in this morning. Not a solution. 

Highlighted
Organizer

Yeah, all i know is this. The problem is only with my 2 iPhones & 1 iPad. Not with TV's, laptops ...etc. Wifi connection shows very strong on phone, but will have trouble/wont connect on occasion. Wheel is spinning. What "fixes" it very temporarily is switching to another wifi channel, turning wifi off/on or turning phone off/on. Me knowing nothing and using my powers of deduction thinks the modem/router does not like the iPhone

Highlighted
Ambassador

I am now on day two of no dropout after switching to a fixed IP, AND resetting the router and Networks on the iPhone. But I have gotten up to 4 days with this router reset and network reset before, so I am not real optimistic of it being a permanent fix. It is puzzling why I can get a temporary fix for days but then it goes wonky again.

Highlighted
Ambassador

That last fix did not work. On Dec 19 I tried another solution. That was to reset the router, clear the iPhone network settings, and assign a fixed IP for the iPhone, and then sign into the 2.4 G side of the router. That would now be the only item on 2.4 G. It has been 8 days now, and that is twice as long as I have gone before without a dropout. I hope this isn't bad luck, but (for about the 4th time), I may have a solution. It would seem that my iPhone on iOS 13 does not like 5 G routers, or at least it does not like to share that band with others on the same SSID.