Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website Blocking Not Working - False Info previously marked as solution

darksorcerer
Helpful Neighbour

Hi, 

This is an invalid solution 

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-Home-Phone/Does-Telus-have-an-ISP-Level-blocklist-we-can-use-Rou...

Not sure why this thread is locked, so I can't even explain why it's wrong....  ????

I have both telus and shaw hooked up in my home.  My Shaw modem with built-in router blocks websites just fine, and works instantly.  The telus modem with built-in router doesn't block any websites at all.  Has nothing to do with SSL as indicated in the above thread... 

This is an actual problem that needs to be fixed.  This is ridiculous.  

This is not a question, this is a statement.  The website blocking feature does NOT work.  Fix it.

One particular site for example you can test with is https://discordapp.com/.

Shaw works, Telus doesn't...

And please, unlock the previous thread.  Why would you lock the thread.  Whoever locked it clearly didn't verify the solution was accurate, or they just simply know nothing about this.

11 REPLIES 11

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Discussions typically get locked due to age. The one you linked to is nearly two years old.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Wow... nothing's been done in two years????

Helloooooooooooooooooooo???

Is anyone there?

Can someone from Telus please look into this?  I really don't want to wait two years to be able to block a website.

I found some other posts where people have reported the same problem, and every time I try to reply, my post gets deleted...

I suspect that my posts are getting deleted because Telus doesn't want me linking all the existing posts for the same problem together.  That's what I was doing.  Just search "website blocking", and you'll see many other posts for this problem, and that it never got resolved.

darksorcerer
Helpful Neighbour

Wow, I researched this problem further and found people complaining to the manufacturer of the modem directly on their website.

Here's a link to the manufacturer's website/forum:

https://actiontecsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000557203?page=1#comment_360005261351

The manufacturer is refusing to help anyone saying Telus doesn't want them to help because Telus wants to do all the tech support on their own, so the manufacturer doesn't want to be liable for breaking some agreement between them...

Telus2000
Just Moved In

Pathetic that Telus won't fix this. 2 years and now heading into 2021 and still Telus won't fix this. Just keep pumping their marketing and on boarding new customers without fixing what's broken. This is a major problem, all these sites were blocked fine with Shaw and not a single one is blocked with Telus.

Telus2000
Just Moved In

SOLVED! (I hope) just spent 2 hours on hold to get through to tech. NSFW sites can be blocked and managed via the Telus Wifi App (not the modem) you'll need to download the app and manage the sites via the app. Apparently this is only needed for the T3200M (black modem) and the new white modem (fibre) does not require this.

Wow you would think felus would've been more helpful instead of making you waste so many hours! I also know that's been an issue. Just simply doesn't work! Also the Telus wifi app is GLITCHY at best. Good luck!

@Telus2000 could you tell me where this is in the app? I've been searching and searching.

I'm honestly ready to leave telus for shaw over this.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Did you try: https://www.google.com/search?q=Telus+Wifi+App&hl=en ? Telus only has the one My Wifi app currently. I don't recall seeing the ability to block websites in it though.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂