cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Activate 3rd Telus Wifi Booster

RobBar
Friendly Neighbour

I activated the Telus Wifi Booster pack a month ago as in  one with cable to router  in my office and then the second one (no cable)  in our living room . All using the Telus MyApp (IPhone version). It of course established a new router wifi name and a new password.

This week I received the third booster (bought with points) went to setup.

Problem #1 is the MyApp does not have a section called "Advanced Add Wifi Booster" setup under setting per their enclosed card in the box.

So I went to the Wifi booster section.  big mistake.. it guides you as if Ethernet setup then power on,... I got red light, wait then blue blinking then wait then back to red, down is basement ,,, tried 3 locations,,, same issue , took upstairs and placed in office, four inches from #1 booster,,, same problem.

I then thought may MyApp is outdated, erased and reinstalled,,,, that was a major major mistake, had to resetup including Admin pw from back of number one and both boosters.

Cannot find advice on their website and contact is a joke in trying to get hold of a human

Here I thought it was easy to setup a 3rd booster'

Help please 

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Yes, set it up while connected to Ethernet, then disconnect.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If I recall, to set up the third Boost device should be the same as the second. Both it and number 1 need to be plugged into the router at the same time, so number 1 transfers info to number 3. Your comment does not make it clear if this step was followed.

NFtoBC

RobBar
Friendly Neighbour

I treated #3 as a setup ignoring the Ethernet connection cable  as I assumed it was a standalone Wifi unit like #2 with no cable.

You are suggesting I plug number 3 into the Ethernet plug to get it setup then remove the cable and locate number 3 as a standalone wifi unit.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Yes, set it up while connected to Ethernet, then disconnect.

NFtoBC

RobBar
Friendly Neighbour

Thank you it worked , surprised me

you set up as mentioned by you then it tells you to disconnect and move it to where you want the 3rd device.

Worked great 

bskitmor
Organizer

This thread saved my 3rd Booster connect project.  All good, except that the Telus MyWiFi is inoperative when there is more than 1 Booster on the network -- at least for me, and my home network is 100% Telus (T3200M and 3 Telus WifI boosters).  Exchange with the developer confirms that this is a known problem -- able to do most of what I need using the browser app on Windows.