cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Pure Fiber service in my home is DOWN !

PeterREW
Neighbour

Anyone is encountering the same issue? My Pure Fiber internet service is down from beginning in this morning. The interface is keeping up and down over times making the internet service in trouble. 

4 REPLIES 4

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If by "the interface" you mean the white box the fibre connects to, your best choice is to contact Telus directly. That will be the fastest way to get the issue resolved, especially if it's a rare situation where a repair tech is needed.

If it's the router connected to the fibre box that's going down, depending on what the actual issue is, contacting Telus directly may still be your best bet.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thanks for advice, I did call them and leave me around 50 mins in line without picking up. I guess the most resources are dealing with the mail system issues that people are swarming into. BTW, the LED indicator of Fiber SFP interface is changing in between orange and green all the time, I logged on the admin portal and see the connection status is up and down over time given me an implication there would be something wrong on the opposite side of network.  

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Orange/green on the ONT is not unusual. Have you any more details on the issue you see?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Upon my understanding the LED indicator changes to amber meant the line is dropped and the interface will be up after a while getting the connection with internet, and the interface will be down again and up like this into a endless loop.The system log also prompts the G.fast DFE failed with error code -19. All symptoms imply there is something wrong either on the optical modem or the optical connector is loose. I'm waiting for the technician coming over to figure out what's going on next Monday.