cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus technical support LogMeIn Rescue

Igor
Just Moved In

Hello,

I am just wondering if anybody was ever offered to try and solve a problem by using LogMein Rescue screen sharing software after contacting Telus Help via chat on their site.

My grandma recently contacted Telus via website and tech support asked her if that was OK if they use screen sharing with her?

I personally never heard of Telus using this specific software?

Is this something new or they've been using it for years?

How secure is it?

4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus has been using it for a while. The user has to accept the login request, and has th option to logout at any time, so in my opinion quite secure, as there would be no unintentional logins.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

polecat
All-Star

@Igor  I have used it a couple of times in the last 4 years no problem. If you do have all information for  accounts-passwords - computor etc  info it will help the teck to solve your problem quickly and give you knowledge to help you solve one down the road. All techs have being number 1 in their knowledge. Polecat

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

They've actually had LogMeIn Rescue as an option for well over 7 years now. I think they only use it in cases where the end user may be having more trouble and need an extra hand.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thanks everyone who replied for clarification.