cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus T3200M: Can I run two wi-fi networks in my house? One dedicated VPN?

GMT2
Just Moved In
Hi Neighbourhood,
I'm new to this but hoping someone can advise.
Can I run two wi-fi networks in my house? One dedicated VPN?  
I have an eero mesh router running with a Telus T3200M Modem. 
Could I keep the configuration (Telus T3200M modem and eero router) for regular use on all our other devices, add a VPN Router (pre-set for ExpressVPN) to the Telus T3200M for Apple TVs only.
If so, how do I set up two routers on the T3200M, i.e.  the eero mesh plus the VPN Router?
Cheers
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RonAKA
Rockstar

I have no idea what 90% of what you are talking about is. I do have a T3200M modem and you certainly can disable SmartSteering and set up a 5G and 2.4G WiFi network with individual SSID names. Then each device can be signed into the network of your choice. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RonAKA
Rockstar

I have no idea what 90% of what you are talking about is. I do have a T3200M modem and you certainly can disable SmartSteering and set up a 5G and 2.4G WiFi network with individual SSID names. Then each device can be signed into the network of your choice. 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can Bridge LAN port 1 for the router on VPN, placing the mesh on LAN 2, connected to the T3200M network.

If you have Fibre, you can place a switch between the ONT and the T300M, and attach your VPN router to another port on the switch. In this instance, you will have two separate networks.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

GMT2
Just Moved In

Thanks for the info. I will give that a try once I receive the VPN Router. Much appreciated.