cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Mail to Gmail

jhulford
Organizer

We've always used IMAP and POP and have never used webmail, does this changeover affect us? 

34 REPLIES 34

billiebong
Friendly Neighbour

Same situation as you except I had 4 email accounts.  The first one I also migrated according to Telus' instructions and all was fine.  My old emails showed up in my new account and were there until I migrated the other accounts.  In the meantime, because everything looked correct, I removed my old Thunderbird account.  When  I migrated my other 3 emails, the 1st one I did that day kept all the old Thunderbird emails for that particular account, while all the old emails from the 1st account I migrated vanished.  Also, the other 2 accounts did not have them either.  So I need the old emails from the first account I removed in the very beginning, as they were very important.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

What happens if you access your account through the Gmail web interface? Each of your telus accounts should have an independent G-Suite account.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

billiebong
Friendly Neighbour

Yes, they do, but none of the previous inbox emails I've had for the last 5 years.  Just since the day I migrated.

I am a bit puzzled by your set up. Wasn't Thunderbird downloading all your email each time you opened Thunderbird? Mine did and saved a copy of all the email on my hard drive. Were your accounts set up with POP3? I would think your computer should have a copy of all the old email...

billiebong
Friendly Neighbour

Yes Thunderbird downloaded everything.  I removed that particular account when I saw that all my old emails were still in Thunderbird with the imap setup.  Three weeks  later, when I did another migrate, they vanished from the 1st account I migrated.  I understand they should  still be there somewhere but I don't know where.  They appeared in the 2nd account I migrated (in Thunderbird) but not in the 3rd or 4th and they disappeared from the 1st.  I've looked in Thunderbird folder but can't see the actual email names so I amlost.  I followed Thunderbird's instructions to get back a removed account but it says the account isn't there.  However, Thunderbird also says the last two I migrated aren't there either and I never even removed those two and they very clearly ARE there.

Not sure if this will help you but my new gmail account emails are stored in this folder:

C:\Users\Ron\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\ImapMail\imap.gmail.com

This is a bit interesting as I don't recall to having the mail stored on my C: drive which is a SSD. 

My old Telus email is stored here on my 😧 hard drive. When I upgraded to a SSD I moved most of my data to the 😧 drive.

D:\Users\Ron\Documents\Thunderbird\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\Mail\pop.telus.net

billiebong
Friendly Neighbour

I have these

C:\Users\14033\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\xxxxxxx.default\Mail

mail.telus.net

mail.telus-1.net

pop.telus.net

pop.telus-1.net

pop.telus-2.net

smart mailboxes

then

C:\Users\14033\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\ImapMail

imap.gmail.com

imap.gmail-1.com

imap.gmail-2.com

imap.gmail-3.com

imap.telus.net

imap.telus-1.net

imap.telus-2.net

then a repeat of  the  above with .msf files

I  feel there  must be a way to restore my 1st important thunderbird inbox but I have no clue as to how to do it.

I appreciate you taking the time to read this.

What are the sizes of those files. Wondering if they have actual emails in them, or are empty...

billiebong
Friendly Neighbour

I'm sorry but they're all folders,not files.

mail.telus.net has  over  1,000,000 kb  in its inbox

telus-1.net has over 700,000 in its inbox

pop.telus.net has 115kb

pop.telus-1.net 1,868kb

pop.telus-2.net 3,131kb

smart mailboxes 0

If there are files in these folders with the names of your email folders of some size, then this would suggest there is some hope that they have not been lost. 

billiebong
Friendly Neighbour

Does the previous message I posted about the file sizes indicate that to you?  I don't know enough.  Also, my email addy had an actual name to it so I don't  know how what to do at this point.  I mean, if they are still there, how do I get to them?

So I opened the telus-1.net folder in the mail file with a text editor.  I saw "To:  xxxxx"  and the name of the account I lost.  Only saw it once and was mostly gibberish to me. If that is the folder I lost, how do I get it back?

I'm afraid I am at the end of my ideas. My folders have file names with no extensions that match my email folder names. There are also same names with .msf extendions which are small. There is a Thunderbird forum, but I posted there and got zero help with an issue I was having with the Calendar. 

billiebong
Friendly Neighbour

Thank you for trying.