cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TELUS Wi-Fi Hub - Guest Network Limitations...?

KurtC
Just Moved In

I have the TELUS Wi-Fi Hub, the white coffee canister looking unit and I am wondering what the limitations or settings are for a guest network. Can I limit the amount of data per day?  Can I view it somewhere? Just looking for some details...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

All it does is separate the guests from the rest of your network, they can access the internet only. Thus, they cannot access other devices on your network such as network drives, other computers or printers.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

All it does is separate the guests from the rest of your network, they can access the internet only. Thus, they cannot access other devices on your network such as network drives, other computers or printers.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Okay, thanks, too bad we can't limit the amount of data being downloaded...  Thanks for a quick response.

You can't limit the data on the guest network but you can change the password regularly which is what I do. I have a QR code printed and a NFC tag programmed with the current guest WiFi credentials. Guest just scan the QR code or tap the NFC tag. At least they did prior to COVID when we actually had guests.