cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TELUS / Norton Device Security is not compatible with Big Sur. Need the newer version.

joewilliamsca
Organizer

It looks like the partner portal that TELUS has with Norton is still using an out of date version of Norton 

Here is a screenshot of the error from my Mac that's running Big Sur.   The version of Norton that's crashing is 8.5.7f25 (which is the version in the Telus partner portal)

screenshot_08.png

Norton has said that the first version that supports Big Sur is 8.6. (https://support.norton.com/sp/en/ca/home/current/solutions/v119174366?inid=hho_supp_htm_home-cur-ret...)

Any news when the version will be updated in the portal,  so customers using Big Sur will be able to download it?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

ThePopper
Advocate

I live in downtown Vancouver, and just subscribed to Norton 360.  I updated my Mac with Big Sur, and all appears to be working fine.

I think @joewilliamsca is saying that the Norton subscription provided by Telus is not up to date with Big Sur, rather than buying your own Norton sub. @A-B @dru is that something that can get flagged for Telus?

Hey @giantbrownguy and @ThePopper 

I just tried the portal again this evening,  and it looks like the Mac download has been updated.  Instead of downloading the old Device Security for the Mac,  the download is for Norton 360,  which I was able to install on my Mac with Big Sur.

Happy times!