cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T3200m to Asus Router. Slow speeds

Paulmolive
Just Moved In

Hey everyone,

I've recently switched from Shaw 300 to Telus Gigabit internet.

My current setup uses 2 Asus AC3100 routers connected with AiMesh. I have the 3200M connected from the LAN1 port to the WAN port of my main Asus router. This configuration doesn't work unless I set LAN1 to bridge mode on the 3200m.

After bridging, internet works on my Asus router network, but speeds are below the expected value. With all wireless connections, and my PC connected via network cable, i'm averaging 300Mb up and down.

I'm unable to test with network cable directly to the T3200m, but if i use my phone wirelessly, i'm getting speeds of about 580Mb up and down. Seems there is something slowing the connection down between the T3200m and the Asus router I use. Does anyone have any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Paulmolive
Just Moved In

Did some more research and found the solution. I had hardware acceleration off because i was using adaptive QoS. Hardware acceleration has given me 950Mb down/up

All is good!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Paulmolive
Just Moved In

Did some more research and found the solution. I had hardware acceleration off because i was using adaptive QoS. Hardware acceleration has given me 950Mb down/up

All is good!