cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T3200M Minecraft port forwarding

Treepuncher69
Friendly Neighbour

Hey, 

I have a Telus T3200M, trying to run a MC server on port 25565, also tried 64829.

I've been at this for over 20 hours, no joke, after work every day since Monday.

I cannot for the life of my port forward to my Minecraft server.
I can connect to it through lan, so it's not that. 
I have a static IP address for my server. 
I got NAT firewall.

I went to port forwarding, plugged in my internal IP, added the ports and went to this: https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

And I've never had it open.

I've tried no firewalls at all, stealth mode off, so many configurations.
I was told that Telus blocks all ports for residental.
I've had to same internet plan since the 2000's

Not business, just a standard residential plan.

Does Telus still block all ports for residential users?

How do I get around this? 

I swear man, I'm so close to chainsawing some powerlines down in front of the Telus building.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ages ago I grabbed the list of ports for minecraft from portforward.com, whether those extra UDP ports are required today or not, I haven't checked.

With your WAN address being 100.82 it means your connection is being natted. In this case, known as CGNAT or NAT444 meaning you aren't able to port forward. It's like having a router plugged into your router, but in this case telus has put your router(modem) behind their router.

You have a few options to deal with this;

1) Do nothing and just live with not being able to port forward or host anything.

2) Get a VPS somewhere and use wireguard to tunnel (thereby forward ports) to a computer on your network.

3) Try this: https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-Home-Phone/WAN-IP-is-not-a-true-public-IP/m-p/112967#M27464

If you go for option 3 good luck and be patient with your agent, they'll likely have no idea what you're talking about.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus has never blocked all ports. There's a very short list of them that are blocked. See list here.

I have been able to open some ports on my T3200M but not all. As a test I did previously I tried opening 4 specific ports that are related to two different servers I decided to test. Web server worked fine on a custom port (80 is blocked). The other server I tried, I could open two of the three ports needed to get it to work. I'm not sure why the one port didn't work. I have not tried Minecraft yet.

One item to keep in mind. If you are able to get a port open, you won't be able to connect to yourself using the external IP. LAN IP will work but WAN IP will only work if accessing it from another connection and IP, if the ports are open and forward correctly.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

The server is on WAN, but I'm using other computers, with different IP's to attempt the connection.

tbor
Organizer

I'm able to successfully port forward minecraft with the following entries in the port forwarding section of the T3200M;

25565/25565 TCP minecraft.computer.ip 25565/25565
25565/25565 UDP minecraft.computer.ip 25565/25565
19132/19133 UDP minecraft.computer.ip 19132/19133

Obviously minecraft.computer.ip will correspond to the ip address of the system you're running the mc server on.

If you already have this all set up I'd check to see if your "Modem IP Address" (T3200M's home page, left side) doesn't start with 100.64 through 100.127

Treepuncher69
Friendly Neighbour

Why are you forwarding 19132 to 19133?

what service is running on it?

My modem's WAN does start with 100.82
I'm reading this is some sort of fake WAN? I don't quite understand what it means...

Ages ago I grabbed the list of ports for minecraft from portforward.com, whether those extra UDP ports are required today or not, I haven't checked.

With your WAN address being 100.82 it means your connection is being natted. In this case, known as CGNAT or NAT444 meaning you aren't able to port forward. It's like having a router plugged into your router, but in this case telus has put your router(modem) behind their router.

You have a few options to deal with this;

1) Do nothing and just live with not being able to port forward or host anything.

2) Get a VPS somewhere and use wireguard to tunnel (thereby forward ports) to a computer on your network.

3) Try this: https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-Home-Phone/WAN-IP-is-not-a-true-public-IP/m-p/112967#M27464

If you go for option 3 good luck and be patient with your agent, they'll likely have no idea what you're talking about.