cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Southern Alberta

Brokentoyz
Neighbour

Are Telus Home Services (internet & TV) available in Southern Alberta, specifically Hayes, Champion and Grassy Lake?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Those communities span a very large area of prairie. Champion is 150+km from Grassy Lake. Hays is 70km from Grassy Lake. Please be specific when asking about a service in a certain community.

Telus' website has a handy tool to input an address and see what services are available. It is here: https://www.telus.com/en/shop/eligibility.

Considering how very rural all of those communities are, Optik TV and PureFibre is definitely not available. DSL is also not available. The eligibility tool shows the only service available is a cellular smart hub.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

i am planning on moving to one of those areas. researching where service may be available, the tool does not work at all. Telus website is horrible for finding any info, i thought maybe i'd find answers here.

also considering

Hays is 86km from Medicine Hat and 111km from Lethbridge

Grassy Lake is 53km from Medicine Hat and 87km from Lethbridge

Champion is 202km from Medicine Hat and 76km from from Lethbridge

i figured they may be a chance that home services may be available

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Most tiny rural towns are not going to have the services you want. Especially if they are further away from large towns and cities. Grassy Lake looks like it may have a dozen houses in the town.

The tool works when I put in most residential street addresses found on MLS for homes for sale in those communities.

The only towns that for sure have everything including Fibre are Taber and Coaldale. Brooks AB does have Optik TV and DSL, but depending on where in Brooks you're looking, the speeds seem to range from 75mbps and down to only 15mbps.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂