cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Tasks on new Google Email Account?

Ricardo3
Just Moved In

I have tried to follow the Google instructions for adding Tasks to my new email account, but have not been successful. The Tasks button that should appear on the right of the email page, is not there. I have tried the Add-ons, and selecting a 3rd party Tasks option and get sync issues window pop up. Google Support would like me to find an article that covers this, but not able to find such a thing. The instructions I see provided by Google don't seem to correspond with this new Telus email version. 

If anyone has been successful at adding a Tasks feature, I would love to hear how this was done.

Cheers!

Ricardo3

PS. I was looking forward to having the email, calendar, and tasks on my computer all synced nicely with my android phone, but the celebration will have to wait a bit longer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

That would be a result of Google having two different email products. Standard Gmail and G Suite. Telus uses the G Suite for enterprise platform to provide email accounts to Telus users. It does not have the same feature set as full Gmail by default. You're likely looking at instructions for standard Gmail.

If you want something that integrates fully with your Android phone with all of the features that come with Gmail, I would recommend getting a full Gmail account instead.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

That would be a result of Google having two different email products. Standard Gmail and G Suite. Telus uses the G Suite for enterprise platform to provide email accounts to Telus users. It does not have the same feature set as full Gmail by default. You're likely looking at instructions for standard Gmail.

If you want something that integrates fully with your Android phone with all of the features that come with Gmail, I would recommend getting a full Gmail account instead.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂