cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Services available at my actual address

Homeboy
Friendly Neighbour
I am trying to determine what services are available at my street address. In so doing, I have learned that Telus has assigned a “made up” service address consisting of the correct street name and number but a different town name and different postal code. I was unable to change this through client services; I was told that the assignment was “for their (Telus’) purposes.”
Questions:
1) What are the implications to me in terms of the services available at my ACTUAL address, compared with my ASSIGNED address? Whenever I plug by actual service address into the “services available” box, it defaults to the assigned address.
2) is this a common practice (assigning addresses) and why is it done?
Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Is it possible the address actually exists in the other town?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Homeboy
Friendly Neighbour
No.

Homeboy
Friendly Neighbour
The street name and numerical address are correct. The town name and postal code are incorrect and “borrowed” from an adjacent community. There is no actual address in another town that corresponds to the assigned address.
Interested in responses to my two questions.

DrPacman
Rockstar

@Homeboy  Wrote: I am trying to determine what services are available at my street address. 

I believe this is the tool that Telus utilizes for address determination. https://order.fibre.telus.com/ You may want to check if anything comes back to your correct address here... Cheers...

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.