cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammer/spammer capitalizing on the outage?

Janann
Advisor

Today I received an email entltled Re-Update from TELUS:

"Dear User,

We noticed it's as being long you have updated your Telus Mail. Kindly Re-Update your Telus Mail now to avoid disconnection.

Link valid for 6 hours

Service Mail Support"

The "Re-Update" is a clickable link. Usually the grammatical errors alone would be a tip-off. Ironically, the emails I receive from Telus reps have very similar grammatical mistakes. This email has no graphics, it's from:  telusservice  at:   i-dot-telus-dot-com

I didn't click. Just wondered if anyone else has received this invitation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Janann------- Have you reported this to  ( [email protected] ) Polecat

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Definitely a scam but no different than before the email outage.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thanks. I guess I should consider myself lucky that I get so few of these!

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Interesting. I didn't know they were also calling people now. Used to be only badly worded spam emails.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

I hope not many people are/were being scammed. I thought the bar couldn't get any lower.

Janann------- Have you reported this to  ( [email protected] ) Polecat

I guess this as an annoyance that's pretty common, but I'm happy to report it. It's deliberately targeting people in a fix, not just random. I didn't have an email to forward it to, so thanks for that, Polecat!

Yes i have reported a few things in the last couple of years and did get a return email regarding one of them. Polecat