cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rural landline installation

Wordsnob
Just Moved In

Why can't I just phone Telus to get a straight answer on what it costs to install a landline on a rural lot with no service? It's rather ironic that "the phone company" doesn't have a phone number. 

I've tried numerous searches, including on the Telus site, for "rural landline", "installation", and all I get is rural internet service and agricultural business systems worth tens of thousands of dollars. 

Don't get me started on the smart attendant. It doesn't have the slightest idea what I'm asking for, and I have quite a neutral accent, so it's not a speech issue.

Help?
Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I would suggest using the chat option on their support page:

Contact us for customer service support | TELUS

You may need to answer a few automated questions but eventually you will be able to chat with a human who hopefully can help you.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I would suggest using the chat option on their support page:

Contact us for customer service support | TELUS

You may need to answer a few automated questions but eventually you will be able to chat with a human who hopefully can help you.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Their number is in the phone directory!  😁 310-2255

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

ilosar
Friendly Neighbour

Landlines now use wifi, so if you have no internet... If you want an old-fashioned landline, I believe Bell is the only one in Canada that still has that. Probably a good thing if the grid goes down...