cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red fail light on white nokia ONT internet and phone out

furfazzik
Organizer

Just got the transfer to TELUS PureFibre mandatory done on March 12, then today,March 16, from 12:10 am to 1:00 am my internet went down as I was using it. I picked up my phone and no dial tone, so I went to the room were the nokia ont is, and the red fail light was on, with the green power light. I watched it for the first 10 minutes and the fail light would flash once in a while then stay solid. Before this, I took note of all the lights on when it functions normal,data1, NTWK, MGNT, PWR, and POTS when phone is used. During this time my wired phone would not function either. After 20 minutes I powered off the ONT and the green pwr and red fail came back. I waited 5 minutes and tried power off again with no luck. I repeated this 3 more times and then waited. When it came back to life, I waited for 5 minutes and tried a test. I powered it off and turned it off and noted how long it took for all the normal function lights to reappear, which is about 40 seconds. Also I noticed as it functioned normal, if power was lost to the ONT I had no functioning wired phone. I have no mobile device ,so I realized what if I had an emergency I can't call out. My phone line goes straight to ont, not the wifi hub. The data1 ethernet goes to the hub or modem, (it works with either device attached). I just could have been an outage or a tech working near me. But what about my phone when power is out. I'm in central Alberta.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you don’t have access to a mobile phone, contact Telus, and request they add a battery backup to your ONT. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you don’t have access to a mobile phone, contact Telus, and request they add a battery backup to your ONT. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"