cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Channels added & Discount removal?

RiceMaster9000
Just Moved In

I was checking my bills and noticed in November my Home Phone discount suddenly got removed so I'm being charged an additional $10 (which was part of the bundle with internet + TV), and a random History 2 channel got added to my plan and no one ever added it

Has anyone had this happen? Is this a regular thing? Like what is this shady tactic of sticking random stuff into your bill and hoping no one notices 💀

I used to use Shaw and Telus has been a real headache the past 9 months with hardware issues like providing & charging 1.5Gbps services but their Modem can't receive more than 1 Gbps due to the optical receiver component (white optic box instead of a black one) which I had to find out by referencing the hardware specs (as well as go through 3 Telus technicians to figure out the issue). Gave me a ton of headache cause the extra bandwidth shooting into the box was shooting my ping through the roof and didn't stablize until I downgraded to 1 Gbps but Telus support and tech wouldn't believe that the issue was from their end so I had to suffer (and pay) for 2 weeks of crappy internet 😠

/rant

Now I need to call Telus to talk about the hidden charges from my November and December bill... 😭

Merry Christmas everyone 😫

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yea I gave support a call and they weren't sure what happened - tried to put it on me initially saying I made changes to my plan but I signed onto Telus March/April 2022 and I haven't made any changes since and they could see that. My agreement goes to February 2024. I was sent a revised agreement on November 11th (Remembrance day) where the only changes were to remove the Home Phone discount (but I'm still subbed to Internet + Optik TV services) and a History 2 channel was added (not by me or anyone in the household)

Telus said I added a random History Channel from Telus.com but I didn't make any changes and no one else in the household would have added a history channel (not a fan of history 😂). They also mentioned it could be a bug so they'd bring it up to the IT department

Turned on 2FA to be safe now incase someone somehow used my account to add a channel to my plan for some reason 🤔(?)

The lesson to learn is to keep an eye on the bill cause Telus makes weird changes randomly I guess 😬

Very awkward experience 😓

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

digitalife
Friendly Neighbour

I had this happen on my internet bill a discount/promotion disappeared. After checking previous bills I found out that the discount actually expired and I had to call and ask if they could give that discount back or if they could offer a new one.

Check your previous bills and it should show when the specific discount/promotion is set to expire.

Yea I gave support a call and they weren't sure what happened - tried to put it on me initially saying I made changes to my plan but I signed onto Telus March/April 2022 and I haven't made any changes since and they could see that. My agreement goes to February 2024. I was sent a revised agreement on November 11th (Remembrance day) where the only changes were to remove the Home Phone discount (but I'm still subbed to Internet + Optik TV services) and a History 2 channel was added (not by me or anyone in the household)

Telus said I added a random History Channel from Telus.com but I didn't make any changes and no one else in the household would have added a history channel (not a fan of history 😂). They also mentioned it could be a bug so they'd bring it up to the IT department

Turned on 2FA to be safe now incase someone somehow used my account to add a channel to my plan for some reason 🤔(?)

The lesson to learn is to keep an eye on the bill cause Telus makes weird changes randomly I guess 😬

Very awkward experience 😓