cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Forwarding with NH20T

NeoNoire
Neighbour

Im trying to play a game with my brother (specifically Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III and Warzone). Previously when we were with Shaw, we can connect and play the game together at the same time with no special setting changes. However, after switching to Telus, we are now unable to play together. Only one of us can play and the other one gets a networking error, and the only way for us to get into the game at the same time is restarting the modem / router which is not only a pain but should also be unnecessary. I noticed that before restarting the router, the game connects to port 3074 for both devices. So I figured to port forward my PC to use a different port when playing (https://support.activision.com/articles/ports-used-for-call-of-duty-games). However, this is where the issue is coming from. I tried to open the ports listed in their support page, but they never seem to open on my side. I also tested if the ports are open via https://canyouseeme.org/. Other options I have tried are trying to port forward with UPnP on and off. I lowered my firewall settings, all to no avail. I have read around this forum that the NH20T isn't the best when it comes to port forwarding. I currently have a 1.5 gpbs plan so Im not sure if Im on cgnat. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hey @NeoNoire - port forwarding isn't something that we can help with as it is out of scope, however, having played those games myself on PC I haven't had the need to do anything special to play with friends in North America.

I would suggest doing a factory reset on your router if the issue is indeed on your side. If you are still experiencing issues then send us a DM and we can look at ways to help you.

- Eric

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.