cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New FibreModem NH20A - Cannot find default admin password

brogers97
Neighbour

I just got Telus services installed a couple days ago and do not know where to find the default admin password for the new NH20A modem. I can find the admin password for the B20 WiFi 6 booster no problem, but that just lets me login to the Wifi unit not the router. I wanted to look at things like port forwarding, firewall etc. Could a tech or rep maybe post a picture of where to find it on the new hardware? I searched the site but the technician said this hardware is very new so it seems like documentation for it has not been updated. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@brogers97 

The lid should be user removable according to my neighbourhood tech. There appears a latch at the blue circle, and the admin password is in the red circle. Entering it will allow you to find the IP address of the Wi-Fi 6 device, which should have all the router options. The device in the photo only provides modem functions, not routing functions, and effectively replaces the ONT used in the past.

1Arcadyan 1.png

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Do you mean the Arcadian ‘TrashCan’ unit? The Admin password on mine is on a label under the lid on top of the unit itself. It is the last line on the label, below the other passwords. See this document for more details.

NFtoBC

brogers97
Neighbour

No, that's the B20. I mean the Fibre/Router unit, the NH20A. I found the admin password on the "TrashCan" unit no problem, but that only lets you login to the WiFi settings. If I want to see firewall/port stuff I'm guessing I have to log into the main unit. I have 3 devices plugged in via ethernet, so the controls for that are gonna be on the main unit. I tried calling Telus support but the tier 1 didn't seem to understand the unit I have is quite new and the advice he gave for it wasn't making any sense. 

I can hit the login page by going to the gateway at 192.168.1.254, so I know there's a login for it. I feel bad but I may have to call a service tech in just to take the lid off so I can take a picture of the information lol 

Not sure just how much help this info is going to be, however you might want to try these on your NH20A... 
https://setuprouter.com/router/arcadyan/passwords.htm
As well I did find a reference to a model that used the username of admin, and a blank password...

Cheers...

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I’m speaking about the unit on the right (upper) in this photo. The Admin password is under the lid.

39F8014B-71D4-4DFB-A503-6F16AC5F228A.jpeg

NFtoBC

I believe he's referring to a rather new device that hit the market recently... Really not much info so far on this device..

1Arcadyan 1.png1Arcadyan 4.jpeg

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@brogers97 

The lid should be user removable according to my neighbourhood tech. There appears a latch at the blue circle, and the admin password is in the red circle. Entering it will allow you to find the IP address of the Wi-Fi 6 device, which should have all the router options. The device in the photo only provides modem functions, not routing functions, and effectively replaces the ONT used in the past.

1Arcadyan 1.png

NFtoBC

Thanks so much, this post was super helpful - knowing where the latch was made all the difference. I was able to pop off the lid lol. And there is definitely login info there - even though the Telus support tech I spoke with said there wasn't lol. Thanks again!! 🙂

How exactly do you pop off the lid? do you have to poke something through that small hole? Or pry up where the latch is??

How exactly do you pop the lid off at the latch? Do you insert something into that small hole? or pry up where the latch is??

brogers97
Neighbour

DrPacMan has the correct device. It's definitely very new, there's not much info about it all from Telus. 

@DrPacman Is that your device? I'm wondering how you got the lid off lol 

No, sorry its not mine, a couple of photo's from the net.... I'm doing my research prior to ordering the 2.5Gbps symmetrical service... Can't have enough info prior to pulling the trigger on the new service as far as I'm concerned...
Will be connecting it to my Ubiquiti Unifi stack and want to make sure that this will all work. As you may gather, being this new a device, I don't want to find I'm without internet for a week if I don't make the corrects decisions prior to the install... Cheers...