cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly bill increased 200% Part II

Palilulac63
Friendly Neighbour

Tried to reach TELUS team but there was no answer. Lets start again maybe this time they will do something before I give up. TELUS increased my monthly bill 200% without even letting me know. I used to pay $5 for the land line that Im not even using. Again for TELUS team, I decide to keep this land line just for sentimental reason since I got it when I laned in this beautifull countruy of oportunities, freedoms and human rights. I have mobile phone and that is my main tool of communication and I didnt use TELUS land line in the past five years except when Simplii Finanical called me to check my indentity for online banking. I userd to pay in advance lets say for two months or three monrths $5 but since TELUS decided to charge me $10 per months my payment wasnt sufficient and they did cut the land line. I even didnt notice. After three monts I paid for another few months and got a notice from TELUS that the land line was reconected with $45 charge which swallowed all my advance payment. When I called their customer service woman tried to sell me aome "good" deals but I told her that I just need my $5 deal for the land line. 

Here is short email that was sent to me while I was on vacation far from Canada and TELUS  ( In Greece. Thassos Island ).

Subject: Re: Increased monthly bill for 200%? Is that reasonable? Together with Reconnection fee $45?
Date: 08-14-2024 04:41 PM

Thanks for trying . If the line is cancelled, it could be related to that. Certain online account access is eventually revoked. 

Perhaps the easiest way would be to have someone call you. If you're ok with this, could you provide us your full name, a phone number to reach you on and your availability for Thursday August 15?

I would like to try again to get $5 deal since $10 for land line not in use is too much. TELUS can still make a profit on my $5 for not using their service. I got $5 per month mobile deal from SHAW unlimited calling and texts.

I would like again to ask TELUS to recconect my phone line (Removed phone number) and continue billing me $5. Can you guys tell me is this possible or not.

Thank you.

Drago

7 REPLIES 7

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Original post made from a different account: https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-Home-Phone/Increased-land-phone-line-monthly-payment-for-200/m-p...

I've never heard of any provider offering a land line for $5, ever. That includes Shaw/Rogers. The most basic landline service costs far more regardless of provider. If you stopped paying for the service and your line was disconnected as a result before July of this year when you originally posted, and it hasn't been restored by now, that phone number may not even be available anymore as they're only held for so long before they're returned to the pool of available numbers to be used by anyone.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

TELUS didnt offer a lind line. When I was about to cancel this land line because I wasnt using it they offer me $5 deal. Did you ever hear that sometimes some companies do that? I got $5 deal from SHAW for basic mobile. Again I explained them that I would like to keep my old number and that Im not using moble more that lets say 20 minutes per month and about 10 texts per month. Again it was just to keep mobile phone number  active. Same with TELUS. What is the cost for TELUS to keep my phone number alive? $10 per month? Maintenance of land lines is demanding activity? Did yiou notice that they increased costs without infiorming their customer? I guess times are channging and TELUS is slowly going down therefore every $ is counting. I see they are selling their assets and properties to keep them afloat. 

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hi Drago, I don’t think that's possible. Could you please send us a private message? We’ll have someone look into this for you. We’ve edited your post to remove your phone number for security reasons, as this is a public forum.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Thank you. I dont need your service anymore. After 27 years. Please dont send me invoices because I will not pay what I was charged without any reason. Keep increasing charges on your customers and make good wages and CEO bonuses.

Without a private message, we can't provide further assistance or guarantee that no invoices will be sent, as we need to know the status of your account. The support handle is managed by a community team, but right now, C_Fun is the one responding to your messages.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Btw dio you have a name?

Hi, me again. Since this all what happened it wasnt my fault can thuis line be active? I was pating $5 per month as always but you guys increased it to $10 without even letting me know. This numer (removed number on public forum) was ours since 1995 and I cant see the reason that we are terated like this after that many years.

Thank you,