cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moca? Coax passthrough?

Mashimaro
Organizer

Hi.

I have a T3200M modem.  I live in an apartment.  I mostly use WIFI, but want my 'Smart' TV connected via ethernet.

Problem is, TV is in another room.  Fortunately there is a coax wall plate that connects the 2 rooms.  I've made the coax jack essentially a coax passthrough. How can I use that to get a wired connection?  Do i need 2 Moca adapters (which ones)?  Or should I try to change the jack to cat5.?

What would be cost benefit with each solution.  Talking this out, I'm thinking changing the jack is the most cost effective way.

Thanks for letting me bounce this off the community.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

xray
Hero

If you have access in the wall to run ethernet that is a better solution. If not then you only need 1 MoCa adapter at the TV. Just run coax from the T3200M to the jack and from the other jack to the MoCa.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

xray
Hero

If you have access in the wall to run ethernet that is a better solution. If not then you only need 1 MoCa adapter at the TV. Just run coax from the T3200M to the jack and from the other jack to the MoCa.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Another alternative could be a powerline adapater. I've got 4 in my place and have been pretty pleased. Here is some more info:

https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-powerline-networking-kit/

Just a long time customer hoping to help.