cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet down?

Deeda
Just Moved In
I cannot access my Telus internet since early Sunday, Sept 15, 2019. Telus landline is fine. Is Telus Internet down in Maple Ridge, BC?
3 REPLIES 3

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

It may be something affecting a small area or an issue specifc to your connection. Unless it's a widespread issue it won't be declared an outage. 

Did you contact technical support yet?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

I haven't contacted Telus support yet. I was hoping to see if others were having trouble in my area first.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Never assume there is an area outage because 99.9% of the time, there won't be one. The sooner tech support is contacted, the sooner the problem can be resolved. The fewer people that call in, the less likely there will be an outage declared (if there is legitimately one). If for some very unlikely reason a repair tech has to go out to fix the issue, waiting to contact tech support could result in delays.

If having issues, be as specific as possible as to the issue you are encountering. Describing the issue as "Internet down" is too vauge. There are a few dozen possible issues that could be described as internet down. Many are easy to fix. Some are a bit more complex.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂