cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Equipment Return via Canada Post, status changed from "Out for del

Lilpoony
Neighbour

Hi,

Has anyone encountered this issue when returning their Telus internet equipment after their contract ends?

Item was out for delivery on Jul 28 and expected delivery was Jul 30. Status then changed to "Item delayed — stay tuned for updates" today. Not sure what my next steps should be, do I contact Telus or Canada Post? Just don't want to be on the hook for not returning the equipment.

I packaged the equipment (modem, cables, and power brick) in a box, took a picture of all the content in the box along with piece of paper with my account number, address, name, and phone number as per return instructions. Also have the Canada Post receipt with the tracking number.

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Zman2k2
Leader

As a retired Canada Post employee, I’ll tell you how returns are handled.

For the big receivers in town (Telus,Shaw etc.), the individual packages are put into a large container.  Then the containers, once full, are re-scanned before the truck takes them to the receiver on a scheduled day.  If your package stays in HOLD for a week, call the Canada Post customer service line.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Zman2k2
Leader

As a retired Canada Post employee, I’ll tell you how returns are handled.

For the big receivers in town (Telus,Shaw etc.), the individual packages are put into a large container.  Then the containers, once full, are re-scanned before the truck takes them to the receiver on a scheduled day.  If your package stays in HOLD for a week, call the Canada Post customer service line.

JJkiki
Neighbour

I have done exactly as you’ve done and taken photos of everything as proof; this was on 26 June 2024.  Today is 15 August 2024, and when I track the Canada Post waybill number, it shows “out for delivery” since 30 June 2024. I’ve contacted Canada Post and they have nothing to say but be patient and I’ve tried contacting Telus via email and no reply as well as speaking with a customer service rep who told me that I will be on the hook for all equipment charges if not returned despite me trying to tell them that it’s all been sent back.  It’s all very frustrating and I’m at my wits end.  How do we escalate this I’m wondering.

Just wanted to give an update, I contacted Canada Post a week (5 business days) later and the customer service agent mentioned the package was delivered to Telus but they hadn't acknowledge receipt. Essentially it's arrives at their facility and gets sent to the relevant department for processing where that department has to acknowledge receipt in order for status to update on Canada Post's side. I then contacted Telus and they confirmed with the warehouse that they received my equipment however my Canada Post tracking number was still "Item delayed — stay tuned for updates". So I guess maybe sometimes they just never acknowledge it even after receipt. I would contact Telus again but via a call and not via email to see if this is the case for you.

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

If your equipment shows as "out for delivery" since June 30, we’ll escalate this internally to ensure it's resolved. Please send us a private message with your account details and tracking number so we can investigate and make sure you’re not charged for the equipment that was sent back.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Kent2
Advisor

Had the same problem. Canada Post said delivery delayed but when I contacted Telus they said it had been received.

TelusKeepsLosin
Neighbour

Got an email to return the equipment even though I already sent it thru Canada Post. Even the lady there said to keep the receipt as Telus keeps missing their packages. What is going on here????

Hi @TelusKeepsLosin - if you did not use the waybill that we sent you, the system does not know that you shipped your equipment back. Please send us a private message so we can help resolve this

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Same thing happened with me, so how does one check if they actually recieved it?

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Once the status has changed to "Delivered," it's a safe bet it's received (though individual packages may take some time to get to as it's combined into a large bulk shipment). That said, please keep your waybill receipt/tracking number handy as that's your proof of shipment and we can always do a deep dive if it's been delivered for some time but with no status update.