cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get dsl internet

My family currently has a good plan from Shaw internet and it is working great for my family except me. Streaming works really well but it is bad for gaming. I was wondering if I could try DSL internet from Telus to see if that would work for gaming and keep my existing Shaw internet for streaming. How do I contact Telus and specially ask about their DSL internet connection? Also switching to Telus internet won't work as the speed is not nearly as high as I get with Shaw. Hopefully Telus fiber will change that.

5 REPLIES 5

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Contact Telus through the ‘Shop’ link at the top of this page. I is entirely possible to have 2 different ISP serving your house.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

What is the best way to contact Telus? I see there contact phone number but the last two times I that it didn't work. Is there a way for me to speak to a Telus tech support and ask if I can have two ISP providers for my house.

And I have also heard that DSL internet might be better for gaming since its not shared like a coaxial connection is.

Having multiple ISP is not a Tech Support issue. You want to contact Sales.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

newclient
Friendly Neighbour

I don't see DSL plans posted on Telus website, but you can get DSL service from smaller companies such as Lightspeed and Teksavvy (there are a lot more out there. These are resellers of Telus DSL services and you'll get a cheaper price and way better technical support/customer service.