cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you select 5ghz only on the wifi 6 routers

cybuster
Neighbour
So is the only way to change any settings on the wifi hubs routers thru the app only?? Since you can no longer access the wifi setting on a pc?? So basically we can’t set anything or do anything with these routers because all you can do on the app is change names or set a password?? Seems pretty useless
3 REPLIES 3

TELUS_Support
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @cybuster - Not sure what you mean, you can always log in to your modem and make changes. For the ease of use we built in the SSID/password settings to be changed through the app but you can always log into the modem.

- Eric

sry i should reword that there's no way to control the wifi settings of the wifi 6 hubs other than thru the telus app where all you can do is change password? coz if u access the admin console thru the gateway there's no options to change anything regarding the boosters/hubs like how do i change the wifi broadcast channel etc etc?

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Sure there's a way to log in to the web interface of the Wifi 6 units. You just need to find out what IP the unit has assigned to it. Most cases if you open the web interface for the main Telus gateway / router (192.168.1.254) it should show the device and it's IP. 

For example, I have the T3200 gateway from Telus. When I open 192.168.1.254 in a browser, I can see the list of connected devices including the Wifi 6 or Boost 2.0 access point. Keep in mind, unless you set up a static IP for the Boost, this IP address can change.

t3200-1.png

If I then put that IP address into a browser, I get the login page for the Boost / Wifi 6 AP:

t3200-2.png

The username and password for it, if it's still set to the default ones, are on a sticker under the bottom cap on the Wifi 6 / Boost unit itself.

Once logged in, click in Wi-Fi on the left menu:

t3200-3.png

By default the Boost / Wifi 6 AP will have a combined 2.4 and 5GHz network. If you wanted to disable the 2.4GHz network, click on WLAN 2.4 GHz at the top.

t3200-4.png

At this point you can simply select No for Enable Radio and hit Save to disable 2.4GHz.

t3200-5.png

If you wanted a separate 2.4GHz network that is just for smart devices, I have those screenshots here: https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-Home-Phone/I-was-just-upgraded-to-wifi6-equipment/m-p/148388#M36.... The smart device network does have separate SSIDs for the 2.4 and 5GHz networks. The only downside is that there is a password that cannot be changed.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂