cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I upload or download10GB of data

IAW
Organizer

How can I upload or downlodl 10GB of data when none of my devices are  offline. I shut everything down for over 12 hours and check my usage once back online and it showed that I either had uploaded or downloaded 10 GB of data. Sorry but that doesn't make sense, since I can not figure what I would download or upload the woulkd be 10GB in size. 

10 REPLIES 10

BubblyCharizard
Organizer

probably just reporting lags behind

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

The My TELUS app shows the amount used but for a breakdown you'll have to speak directly with our Home Services team.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

I know that but it doesn't give a break down, just a overview. Would like to see a daily breakdown and IP addresses. If it came off of my IP address where was it sent, because it wasn't me. This happened back in April when almost a terabit of data was sent from my computer to someone else and it wasn't itiated by me.

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

You'll need to reach out to our team directly then, so they can investigate further!

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

HAH

have you checked the router status to make sure that only connected devices are yours?

if not, you can usually do it by going to 192.168.1.254 for most of the telus trashcan style equipment

make sure you are constantly checking on the wifi security, to ensure nobody can access without permission

then if all else fails, you may have some adware/infected software on one of your devices that calls home

If the my devices are turned off I can not see how anything is going to call home. No, I believe that someone is using VNC software that is totally opaque to me when I am on or off my computers. 

if all your devices are off then likely something is on your wifi, any smart home items? speakers, laundry, fridges, smarthome security, cameras can all be the culprit

do you have Telus TV? that also goes over the internet it doesnt take much tv streaming to get to 10GB

No Telus TV (to expensive), no  smart home items, speakers, laundry, fridges,smarthome security, cameras

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

One thing we can also suggest is that Smartphone updates are generally done automatically and at night as to avoid interrupting your usage. It could be that