cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with "Post REPLY"

andrew_b
Friendly Neighbour

Is there a time window when posts get locked for further replies?
I get this message 

andrew_b_0-1672857736789.png

on what seem to be older forum threads.  Oddly though I can give KUDOS on those threads.
i do not get this message in any of the "Latest topics in Forums" and of course I can reply in this thread. 😊

Is there something else I need to turn on so I can reply or any idea why I get this message?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DrPacman
Rockstar

@andrew_b Wrote: Is there a time window when posts get locked for further replies?

The short answer to your question is There is no specific period of time that threads are left unlocked. however, you will notice that some of the threads have a little green lock associated with a specific thread. You are correct that specific thread has been locked for any additional commenting.

I would suspect that a forum moderator has deemed that do to various factors (lack of interest/lack of participation, etc.) they have decided to close the thread.

One way around this situation would be to initiate a new thread and Permalink the previous/locked thread to your new thread.

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

DrPacman
Rockstar

@andrew_b Wrote: Is there a time window when posts get locked for further replies?

The short answer to your question is There is no specific period of time that threads are left unlocked. however, you will notice that some of the threads have a little green lock associated with a specific thread. You are correct that specific thread has been locked for any additional commenting.

I would suspect that a forum moderator has deemed that do to various factors (lack of interest/lack of participation, etc.) they have decided to close the thread.

One way around this situation would be to initiate a new thread and Permalink the previous/locked thread to your new thread.

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

andrew_b
Friendly Neighbour

@DrPacman wrote:

The short answer ...threads have a little green lock

Thank you for your quick reply DrPacman

The post in question where I can add Kudos but not reply is https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-Home-Phone/Can-t-access-Google-Maps-any-more/m-p/117679 

and indeed it has green locks.
I wish the Telus message was clearer and not making it sound like it was "user error"🤣

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Usually if a post is over a year old, or if it hasn't had a reply in the last year, they seem to get locked. When they are locked, you won't have any way to reply to them.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂