cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Wireless Printer Won't Connect to TELUS Wi-Fi Hub

bluetoothxp
Just Moved In

I am not sure if there was a firmware update in the past month or three, but I have been unable to connect an HP Wireless printer to the TELUS Wi-Fi Hub (the white cylinder modem/router - https://www.telus.com/en/ab/support/article/manage-telus-wi-fi-hub).

I used to have no problem, but then it stopped working one day. Because I don't print much, I can't give an exact timeline. However, after performing factory resets on the printer and other troubleshooting steps including changing my network setup several times to just the bare router (TELUS Wi-Fi Hub) - meaning I removed extenders and everything - it still refuses to connect. WPS won't work, and neither does typing in the password on the printer touchscreen. In frustration I purchased a new HP wireless printer. Same issue.

I ended up putting my TELUS Wi-Fi Hub into bridge mode, and using my own third-party wireless router. The printer connects with no problem to the third-party wireless router. In order to ensure that my wireless Telus TV box continues to work, I chose the "LAN1" bridge mode option so that the TELUS Wi-Fi Hub continues broadcasting a WiFi signal (I changed the network name and password on the TELUS Wi-Fi Hub so as to ensure there are no conflicts with the third-party wireless router).

Just posting this for others who may have encountered an issue lately.

1 REPLY 1

KHG
Just Moved In

I've got the same problem.  Same printer.  Even the Telus technician who came out to fix my internet/tv problem couldn't figure it out.  Good to see you resolved it...but it's all Greek to me...so I guess I have to hire Geek Squad.  **bleep**.