cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gmail Migration - New Support Content

psl
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hey everyone, as many of you have noticed, since last year, we’ve been migrating customers to the new TELUS email powered by Google. Providing new benefits, such as:

• Triple your current storage space from 5 GB to 15 GB
  • Being able to check your email on any device
  • Improved reliability and security for your peace of mind

From the forum conversations that we’ve seen, we understand that it wasn’t perfect, and we have worked continuously to update our support information, to help provide a seamless transition.

Here is our new support video to provide you an end to end overview of the migration process, as well as resources available. 

Below we’ve included the URLs mentioned in the video:

If you received an invite to migrate, or want early access: telus.com/ScheduleMigration

Info you will need on the day of migration: telus.com/steps

Help with third party email programs (e.g. MS Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird): telus.com/setup

If you still have any unanswered questions, please let us know below. 

Please note: We have limited support for third party email programs, and may need to direct you to your email program provider for assistance. 

66 REPLIES 66

I know, customer service can be useless. Sounds like both of us would like to use Outlook for our email but telus has made it incompatible. I hate gmail. Maybe keep trying and you will get someone who knows something 🙄

I despise gmail

Yeah, and because I don't give them my phone number, soon I won't be able to log in. Keep warning with security things and knowing the recovery email and entering the code they send is not enough, they still just say, "I don't recognize you" looking in to payed email service.

DK-YYC
Helpful Neighbour

For downloading of e-mail, I have been able to get both Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016 working on separate Windows machines following the migration discussions in this thread (and elsewhere on the TELUS webpage) and in particular the section where it discusses, You have to explicitly tell Google to grant access to your Mail account for "Less Secure Applications."

That said, I haven't done this with other versions of Outlook on Windows nor on a Mac so I'm sorry that I cannot add much more to the discussion...