cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a 2.4g signal out of the new wifi6 modem

RB123
Neighbour

I have just had the new round dome type modem installed ... and now my WiFi B-Hyve Irrigation Timer will not connect to it. Research seems to indicate that the B-Hyve will only use a 2.4g signal ... and I believe the new Telus modem does not do that by default.

My question ... how do I get the telus modem to broadcast a separate 2.4g channel that I can connect this device to?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you have the Wifi6 Boost AP, it is possible to set up a separate 2.4GHz network for smart devices. By default the Boost / Wifi 6 AP will have a combined 2.4 and 5GHz network. I have some screenshots of that here.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

To get your new TELUS modem to broadcast a separate 2.4GHz channel for your B-Hyve Irrigation Timer, follow these steps:

Access the Modem Settings: Open a web browser and enter the modem's IP address (usually something like 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1) in the address bar. Log in using your admin credentials (default credentials can often be found on the modem or in the manual).

Find Wireless Settings: Look for the "Wireless" or "Wi-Fi" settings section.

Enable 2.4GHz Band: Ensure the 2.4GHz band is enabled. If your modem combines both bands (2.4GHz and 5GHz), there may be an option to separate them. You can also give the 2.4GHz network a unique SSID (network name) to easily identify it.

Adjust Channel Settings: If available, you may want to set the channel for the 2.4GHz band to a less crowded channel (like 1, 6, or 11) to improve connectivity.

Save Changes: After making these adjustments, save the changes and reboot your modem if necessary.

Connect Your Device: Once the modem is back online, try connecting your B-Hyve Timer to the new 2.4GHz network.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Yes this is what I suspected ... but when I attempt to log into the modem with the addys above all I get is "This site can't be reached" ... how do I get the correct addy for my modem?

Screenshot 2024-09-19 120931.png