cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free iPhone from Telus email

DebReynolds
Just Moved In
Hi. I was contacted and told I won a free iPhone or iPad from Telus and was told I just needed to provide my credit card to cover the $3.00 shipping charge. I gave them my credit card thinking this was a legit offer. This was after I had a service call from Telus. Right afterwards i got an email or text ?? That have 10 days to cancel a contract with Telus for $59 a month for service as I only wanted the phone. I did not want a plan. I want to cancel but I can’t find the phone number to cancel. The whole contract has vanished. Can anyone share the phone number and organization I call to cancel? I thought it was legit. I thought it was Telus. It might be Telus for all I know????
1 REPLY 1

BrandonT
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @DebReynolds 

I am so sorry to hear about this. Although I cannot confirm what email you received, I assume it was not a genuine TELUS email. I too have received these emails and they look very close to real emails from TELUS.

First please call Telus Mobility at 1-866-558-2273 as soon as possible and confirm if your order is genuine. Let the agent know you responded to an email to get a free iPhone, just pay $3 shipping, and are concerned its a scam. The agent will ask you some questions to see if they can find your order in the system. If no order is found, and no record of any communication, I would strongly advise you contact your credit card company and let them know you were a victim of fraud. Provide them with the date you provided the credit card information, and they will investigate and likely cancel your credit card as an extra precaution in case its compromised. 

If you know 100% it was not a genuine TELUS order, you can also contact Equfax 1-800-465-7166 to put a fraud alert on your credit to ensure no further damage can be done. Click Here to learn more.