cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreign mastercard

jamii
Just Moved In

Is it possible to pay for Telus internet with a foreign debit mastercard?

(It's going to take 4 months to get my PR card issued so I can open a Canadian bank account, and even then I'll need some proof of address eg Telus bill).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BrandonT
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @jamii 

Unfortunately, your foreign debit MasterCard will not work.

TELUS supports the following debit cards and credit cards

• Visa (Credit and Debit)
  • MasterCard (Credit)
  • American Express (Credit)

How to pay your bills using an international credit card

All international credit cards are blacklisted. This process exists for security purposes and to ensure the protection of TELUS customers. You can contact TELUS support, and let the agent know you would like to use an international credit card to pay your bill. The agent will ask some security questions, and submit a request to whitelist your card. This process can take up to 72 hours. The request will be reviewed, and a decision will be made based on many different factors. Once the request has been submitted, you will receive a text message notification if your international credit card was accepted or declined. 

Alternate Solution - Prepaid Credit Cards

You can purchase prepaid VISA credit cards. These cards can be purchased at most stores and gas stations. If you purchase one of these cards, go to the website printed on the back of the card to register. Make sure to add your mailing address exactly as its shown on your TELUS bill to ensure there will be no issues with payments.

I hope this helps!

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square: Found this post helpful? Let others know by clicking [❤️ Like] or [Accepted Solution].

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

BrandonT
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @jamii 

Unfortunately, your foreign debit MasterCard will not work.

TELUS supports the following debit cards and credit cards

• Visa (Credit and Debit)
  • MasterCard (Credit)
  • American Express (Credit)

How to pay your bills using an international credit card

All international credit cards are blacklisted. This process exists for security purposes and to ensure the protection of TELUS customers. You can contact TELUS support, and let the agent know you would like to use an international credit card to pay your bill. The agent will ask some security questions, and submit a request to whitelist your card. This process can take up to 72 hours. The request will be reviewed, and a decision will be made based on many different factors. Once the request has been submitted, you will receive a text message notification if your international credit card was accepted or declined. 

Alternate Solution - Prepaid Credit Cards

You can purchase prepaid VISA credit cards. These cards can be purchased at most stores and gas stations. If you purchase one of these cards, go to the website printed on the back of the card to register. Make sure to add your mailing address exactly as its shown on your TELUS bill to ensure there will be no issues with payments.

I hope this helps!

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square: Found this post helpful? Let others know by clicking [❤️ Like] or [Accepted Solution].