cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expansion Plans for 2.5 Gig Service

Sondergard
Just Moved In

I'm curious about Telus' plans to expand its 2.5 Gig service outside population centers like Calgary and Edmonton (and in centers in BC).  I live in Airdrie, which has fibre service, and can't help but wonder what the challenges are in terms of extending 2.5 Gig service here (1.5 Gig service is currently available) to a city adjacent to Calgary.

I also note that Bell announced 3 Gig service in eastern Canada yesterday.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus doesn't usually provide details on what their incremental upgrade plans for each community are. It will likely happen but it's just a matter of when. I believe one of the first communities with 2.5gbps was a smaller one in BC.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus doesn't usually provide details on what their incremental upgrade plans for each community are. It will likely happen but it's just a matter of when. I believe one of the first communities with 2.5gbps was a smaller one in BC.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

kamak
Ambassador

If  you can view the packages available to your account, while logged in, does that guarantee you the availability of said packages? ie. I'm looking at the 2.5Gbps service through my account via Vancouver BC, is it available to me? At the moment, I would assume it is available to me.

What can you see as available to you through your account, as upgradeable internet services?

kamak -

No, I only get the 1.5 Gbps service as the highest speed alternative available for my account.  I've notice that you can also just put your address into the Internet section of the website and it will give you a listing of internet service plans available for your location.  You don't need to be logged into your account to get this.  I do check periodically, to see if there is any change.

If you can see the 2.5 Gbps service as being available through your account, then I believe it's available to you.  Living in Vancouver, this doesn't surprise me as large cities would be the logical start for a higher speed service.