cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expand WiFi Distance

Powderjockey
Advisor

I have the TM3200 with 2 of the WiFi Boosts, yet I can seem to keep outside devices connected consistently.

Is there away to increase the WiFi signal of these devices?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Check your local Facebook market place as people are literally selling 2 boosts for 60$ !

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I don't believe there is any way to increase the signal. Maybe you can change the Boosts location?

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

I've moved the Boost around the house with little success. One unit is a Raspberry Pi and the other is a Nest camera.

Quite irritating. 

Do any of the D-Link, TP-Link or other wifi extenders work with the Telus system? I'd add a couple of more Boosters if they weren't $120.00 a piece. I pay Telus too much now on monthly basis. 

I use a powerline wi-fi extender for a dead spot in our house. They work reasonably well and are fairly simple to set up. Something like this would likely fit the bill:

TP-Link AV600 Powerline WiFi Extender, ADVANCED 300Mbps Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender, Repeater, Wi...

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Check your local Facebook market place as people are literally selling 2 boosts for 60$ !

Well, I went with the D-Link DAP1610's and they were a breeze to set up. The problem I found, was these devices were under minding my DHCP Reservations in my router.  Static IP's I had created in the router, were now all over the place and the connectivity these devices failed and were not accessible by other devices that relied on the static IP.

Is there something I'm missing here? I trying making the DAP1610's static IP's and also have them get their IP's from the router, didn't seem to matter.