cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door to door solicitation

SR1
Just Moved In

Wondering why telus has sales people who solicit for business when there is clearly a sign indicating 'No Solicitation'.  Today i had my telus door bell ring and I was expecting a delivery but instead had 2 young men standing 6 feet away indicating they were here to talk about offers. I pointed to the 'no solicitation' sign - to no avail as one keep saying his script.  When i said i wasn't interested, he kept going.  I followed with 'i already have telus' and he continued to say he had upgrade offers. This was very frustrating and exhaustive as I had to actually tell them to leave my property.  This is totally unprofessional for telus - at least send your salespeople to places where they aren't customers already.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DanR
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @SR1 sorry that you were visited despite having that sign up! We maintain a do-not-knock list for residents that don't wish to be visited with promotions or offers, and we can have your address added to it, no problem. Feel free to send me a Private Message and I'll make sure that you're not visited in the future.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

polecat
All-Star

@SR1  Don't even engage them ------- not interested and shut the door.

xray
Hero

They were most likely sub contracted marketing people who are selling Telus this week but Bell the week before and Shaw the next week. I gave up with the "No soliciting" sign many years ago. I have a security camera and don't even bother to answer the door if I don't recognise the person. On the odd occasion when I do answer the door I do as @polecat suggested and just say "No thank you" as I close the door.

DanR
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @SR1 sorry that you were visited despite having that sign up! We maintain a do-not-knock list for residents that don't wish to be visited with promotions or offers, and we can have your address added to it, no problem. Feel free to send me a Private Message and I'll make sure that you're not visited in the future.