cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Destiny 2 is borderline unplayable on Telus

SLichtenstein
Just Moved In

Well, borderline unplayable in PVE. Completely unplayable in PVP.

There are widespread reports of players on Telus fibre internet (a major telecom in the area) getting consistent 'connecting to destiny servers' messages, baboon errors, enemy rubber banding, bad hit detection, etc.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/260785848?showBanned=0&path=0

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/260790745?showBanned=0&path=0

I can personally confirm. For the record. I have 1000/1000 internet, connected via ethernet cable, with port forwarding.

Running a VPN to Seattle fixes the issue. I have the willingness, wherewithal to do so [even though I shouldn't have to] but a lot of people probably wouldn't even think to try.

These issues began on March 17th. I'm not sure what changes Telus made to their network at that time, but they need to fix this asap.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Why did you copy and paste a Reddit user's post word for word? Are you actually a Telus subscriber?

It's most likely a routing or peering issue, unless Bungie is trying to make life hard for Canadians in general. I've dealt with those before. The first thing needed though is the server URL or IP that the game connects to. Without it, the problem will be impossible to locate. Not one single post related to this issue brings that up nor is the server IP posted.

Can you provide the server URL or IP address?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

mbruun
Just Moved In

Came here wondering if anyone else was having the same problem! My experience has been exactly as you described- constant "contacting servers" & baboon errors since the 17th. Seems like a good portion of the posts on the Bungie forums are also from Telus customers. 
VPN is working for now but I hope this gets sorted soon. 

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Why isn’t bungie responding? It more then likely an issue on their end. As it’s a recent issue. It happens with non telus connections as well throughout canada. 

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Why did you copy and paste a Reddit user's post word for word? Are you actually a Telus subscriber?

It's most likely a routing or peering issue, unless Bungie is trying to make life hard for Canadians in general. I've dealt with those before. The first thing needed though is the server URL or IP that the game connects to. Without it, the problem will be impossible to locate. Not one single post related to this issue brings that up nor is the server IP posted.

Can you provide the server URL or IP address?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Nice call. This has got me curious now. I was an avid Destiny user, but I haven't touched it for over a year now, so I can't vouch for this issue. I'd like to try and find the server IP. I'm on the west coast through Telus. I use a Win 10 64bit, Steam/Destiny game install. It could also have something to do with console vs PC?

kamak
Ambassador

Wow, First thing that happened to me as I wanted to investigate this myself (Telus, west coast, Vancouver). I started up steam, started the update for D2 ( I hadn't played it for a year now), the dang download from the server (whatever that is) keeps breaking contact, and pausing. 

kamak
Ambassador

So it seems to have been resolved as of 3/23/2022?