cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copper to Fibre Migration Problems

kvan
Organizer
I have been bombarded with phone calls, letters, emails, and texts saying my neighbourhood has received a service upgrade from the copper network to the PureFibre Network, and the copper network in my neighbourhood is being retired. The Migration Team states I have to book my appointment by August 22, 2022 to transfer my home services over, as this is MANDATORY. Failure to do so will result in service disruption.

I have attempted countless times to book this appointment, but after I provide my PIN, the agent tells me “sorry, your address can’t be connected at this time”. I said to the agent each time this makes no sense to me because I’ve received all these notifications, continually hounding me to book the appointment; I have the fibre line already at my house (confirmed by a technician); and most of my neighbours have had the fibre already installed, or are in the process of having it installed, with no problems whatsoever. I’m being told “there are no NAP available, and we don’t know when they will be”.

Yet, I’m still being bombarded with calls asking me to book my appointment!! And, they did in fact cut off my services on August 22!!! I’m furious!!!

If I can’t be connected then why are they still calling me? How dare they cut off my services considering I’ve done absolutely nothing wrong. When I called the Migration Team back the next day to complain about this the agent refused to put me through to a supervisor.

I don’t know what to do about this now. I really think there’s an error in their system somewhere. It makes no sense that apparently I’m the only one on my block that can’t be connected. How can they bring fibre to a neighbourhood and not have enough access points for all the homes? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kvan Sorry to hear about that experience. A member of our back-end team looked into this and discovered some records weren't updated to reflect new PureFibre flags so we've gone ahead and fixed it. I'm hopeful we got it right for you this time. Have you contacted us again since your last post?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

polecat
All-Star

@kvan  Telus has a problem with being able to say if you can get the fiber at a location at times. Being disconnected because of shutting down the copper wires is months or years in the future. Once every one in an area has had their phone transferred to fiber and internet also then the copper in that area is useless unless it can be used for some other purpose. When you sign up to to get fiber they will ask you if you want phone on fiber if you don't you stay on copper for the foreseeable future. You best phone in and get billing and find out why your address is not shown to be able to be  connected they can get you to the right department You don't want to talk to sales people. A lack or missing paper work on telus part

@polecat Thanks so much for the information. I’ll contact billing and see what they say. I’ll update here after I speak with them. Thanks again!

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kvan Sorry to hear about that experience. A member of our back-end team looked into this and discovered some records weren't updated to reflect new PureFibre flags so we've gone ahead and fixed it. I'm hopeful we got it right for you this time. Have you contacted us again since your last post?

@dru Thank you so much for checking into this for me, and finding out there was in fact a problem. I just called the Migration Team back to attempt to book the appointment again, and voila, they were now able to follow through with booking the installation appointment. This process has been a nightmare to say the least, but I’m so grateful you were able to help and finally solve the problem. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Hello again @dru. Unfortunately, the problems are still unresolved!! I was finally able to book the installation appointment for today, September 26, to have the technician complete the install. I’ve been receiving texts the past several days confirming the appointment, and I have answered all of them, still confirming the appointment. I received one at 9:00 am, again confirming the technician would arrive between 1:00 - 3:00 pm, but then I get another one 1/2 hour before the technician was supposed to be here, saying the appointment has been moved to October 28!!! 1/2 hour before they were to arrive!!! So I called yet again to find out what’s going on - I’m now being told there’s a problem with the SERVICE ADDRESS!!! I’m so frustrated!! I had to make arrangements to be at home this afternoon to accommodate this appointment, then they don’t bother showing up? I could scream….