cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant Login into T3200M

andrtnnr
Friendly Neighbour

I want to setup OpenDNS on my router but I can't login. Every time is press enter for the login, the router will autofill random characters which invalidates the login.

I dont have a single autofill password manager and I've attempted this on every browser and on my phone. Will resetting my router fix this? If not, please provide a solution.

This forum post doesnt solve the problem at all. https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-Home-Phone/Admin-Password-changes-automatically/m-p/106637

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

andrtnnr
Friendly Neighbour

OK, I figured out your problem.

• So first off, its the modem which is definitely causing the auto fill characters.
  • Secondly, these autofill characters happen regardless of whether the credentials entered are right or wrong. 
  • Thirdly, the reset didnt do anything to fix this firmware bug on the 3200M (so your engineers will need to blow the dust off your firmware's source code, unless these routers are legacy)
  • Fourthly, after resetting my credentials using "Forgot password", I was able to login successfully but the auto fill happens every time. Just need to ignore it.
  • Note: The trick is to ensure this autofill doesnt auto-update your credentials manager otherwise things get much more confusing when you dont know why its not logging in.

So TLDR; autofill means nothing, try the password again or reset your credentials

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

What happens if you press the Login button instead of Enter?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

andrtnnr
Friendly Neighbour

Tested that. Same bug unfortunately. Good question though.

giantbrownguy
Rockstar

Have you tried using a browser in private browsing mode? That should limit the autofill and not use any previously generated cookies. Could also trying clearing your cache and deleting cookies as that saved data might be a part of your problem.

Okay @giantbrownguy Just tried both and no luck.

I am a software engineer by the way. I only say this to reassure you that I am attempting your solutions without error.

Fair. I didn't see it mentioned so I thought it might help. If it's happening across devices and browsers, I would suggest it is something with your network that is causing the autofill. You're more knowledgable than I am about network management, but in your shoes, my next step would be to reset the router to factory and see what happens.

I am no expert in network management 😅  but sounds like a good plan, I will attempt the reset tonight. I'll give an update as soon as possible.

andrtnnr
Friendly Neighbour

OK, I figured out your problem.

• So first off, its the modem which is definitely causing the auto fill characters.
  • Secondly, these autofill characters happen regardless of whether the credentials entered are right or wrong. 
  • Thirdly, the reset didnt do anything to fix this firmware bug on the 3200M (so your engineers will need to blow the dust off your firmware's source code, unless these routers are legacy)
  • Fourthly, after resetting my credentials using "Forgot password", I was able to login successfully but the auto fill happens every time. Just need to ignore it.
  • Note: The trick is to ensure this autofill doesnt auto-update your credentials manager otherwise things get much more confusing when you dont know why its not logging in.

So TLDR; autofill means nothing, try the password again or reset your credentials