cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot verify server identity - certificate expired

Tony1000
Organizer

TELUS email certificate just expired today. Now can't get email on any mobile device. TELUS asleep again???

IMG_2365.jpg

21 REPLIES 21

katbel78
Coach

I get the expired certificate error too that I hope they will renew or update: it's becoming worse everyday!

Yesterday I just complained about the bonus I didn't receive on my bill... : (

TELUS what are you doing?!

Me too....What does it take to renew a certificate ??   Also...the Service Status link with it's NEW sticker still says this site is retired and directs you to outage update page.  Why not just change the link on the Service Status page ?  One more thing to complain about !

Change your date some days so that the certificate seems to valid. Then wait for Telus to get their act together.

@katbel78 wrote:

I get the expired certificate error too that I hope they will renew or update: it's becoming worse everyday!

Yesterday I just complained about the bonus I didn't receive on my bill... : (

TELUS what are you doing?!

Thanks for the suggestion but when you go back in time you ruin some of  your computer files that rely on a specific date

I just received  an empty email from Telus escalation service to my gmail account @#$! 

They are pathetic !

Looks like it might be fixed - no longer getting an error message - anyone else confirm?

Not fixed in North Van, or at least not at our house.

KJM
Just Moved In

Not fixed in the Interior either...TELUS????

Is this going to be fixed soon?

romatt
Friendly Neighbour

Anyone still getting the certificate still expired? I can bypass it to open email but very annoying. 

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The expired certificate was corrected quite some time ago. Are you using a secure SSL connection for email? I am and don't get an expired certificate error. 

Secure email settings:

1. Incoming server (IMAP): imap.telus.net
    Port: 993
    Use the following type of encrypted connection: SSL/TLS
  2. Incoming server (POP3): pop.telus.net
    Port: 995
  3. Outgoing server (SMTP): smtp.telus.net
    Port: 465

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

romatt
Friendly Neighbour

Thanks so much. I just changed the port settings and all is good again. The error message is gone.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I have cannot connect to IMAP/SMTP if I use ports 993/465. I use 143/587 and this works fine aside from the certificate error. I am using IMAP and Outlook 2016.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I managed to get Outlook 2016 to work without the certificate warnings after looking at this:

https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/set-up-telus-email-on-your-computer-using-outlook-2016

Not sure why I had 143/587 but that's been working for quite some time.

The advanced tab settings had SSL or TLS not SSL/TLS and I used SSL and that seems to have fixed the issue.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Port 143 was the old legacy server settings. Telus changed to secure options a couple years ago. Telus appears to have left the old less secure connection method available.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

ErinW
Helpful Neighbour

Thanks for posting the link to the settings. My error has also now gone away. 

Thanks you - worked like a charm (Thunderbird email)

ChrisX
Organizer

Both my wife and I have received Cannot Verify Server Identity. The identity of "imap.telus.net cannot be verified by Mail. What is this all about?

TELUS has to renew the certificate. If you click on the details (in the screen shot above), it shows you the certificate was issued in 2014 fora 5 year period. Their issuing authority should have reminded them to renew well in advance. Obviously, no one at TELUS is paying attention.

Any idea if Telus issued a new certificate? If so can someone post the new info or link if it's on the telus site somewhere?

I'm currently using the expired one as a security certificate exception on Thunderbird since Tuesday when it expired. Is that safe to do so?

Briefly had an expired certificate (1 hour or so) but was replaced with a new one. Haven’t had the error since with live mail.

ChrisX
Organizer

Yes, it self-corrected for us. Still irritating and time consuming though!