cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the actiontec t3200m use coax output?

Bluffrey
Just Moved In
The actiontec is located on mainfloor. Wifi from t3200m can't reach upstairs but I somehow have a coax cable labelled "Shaw upstairs" sitting right next to the t3200m. Upstairs is a few ethernet ports coaxial plates that I can really use.

My question is am I able to connect:
Actiontec t3200m coax as an output to coax to a upstairs router with coaxial input to ethernet cable?

Any special thing I need to do aside from buying a router with coaxial input?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Yes, the coax can be used on the T3200M. There are settings in the admin web interface to manage it. At the other end, you will need a MOCA adapter to connect the coax to Ethernet for the rest of your network.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Yes, the coax can be used on the T3200M. There are settings in the admin web interface to manage it. At the other end, you will need a MOCA adapter to connect the coax to Ethernet for the rest of your network.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

xray
Hero

If your plan is to add another router you should do a bit of research on this first to know what you are getting into. There have been a number of discussions here in the Neigbourhood on the correct topology, required settings and caveats (especially if you have Optik service).