cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log into T3200M router - "192.168.1.254 uses an invalid security certificate" self-signed

Blorchito
Organizer
This is a new one - when I try to log into my T3200M router I get security warnings like "192.168.1.254 uses an invalid security certificate" because it's "self-signed." (that's on FF) and with Chrome it's: "Attackers might be trying to steal your information from 192.168.1.254 (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards)." Chrome also says: "This server could not prove that it is 192.168.1.254; its security certificate is not trusted by your computer's operating system. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection." The reason I was trying to log in is because someone new was having problems connecting to wifi. Is it possible this new person has malware? Thanks, B
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Most browsers will now give you some form of error related to self-signed certificates. In this case it should be safe to proceed.

More info here:

How to troubleshoot security error codes on secure websites | Firefox Help (mozilla.org)

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Most browsers will now give you some form of error related to self-signed certificates. In this case it should be safe to proceed.

More info here:

How to troubleshoot security error codes on secure websites | Firefox Help (mozilla.org)

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Perfect, thanks.