cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log into BMO after fibre upgrade

yvrcelloguy
Just Moved In

Got a fibre upgrade in our home, everything is fine. But I can't log into the BMO website, brings me to a 404 page, on every browser, across multiple devices. Everything else works fine, when I turn off Wifi and use mobile data, works fine. Can't figure out why this has happened. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

yvrcelloguy
Just Moved In

Turns out, after a long wait on the phone with Telus, my IP address was causing this problem. They changed my IP address and problem was solved. Super curious issue, but now resolved. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

DrPacman
Rockstar

@yvrcelloguy Wrote: But I can't log into the BMO website, brings me to a 404 page.

You may want to check the following, log into you Telus provided modem/router and make sure that the DNS setting are set. I would perhaps change those setting to a public set, perhaps Google's at 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 or any of the following: Cloudflare 1.1.1.1: 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1; Quad9: 9.9.9.9 and 149.112.112.112. See if that corrects the problems you're facing...

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo", or mark as "Solution", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

Dimo-X

That is odd... in addition to the above suggestion, also try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, restart and test. 

yvrcelloguy
Just Moved In

Turns out, after a long wait on the phone with Telus, my IP address was causing this problem. They changed my IP address and problem was solved. Super curious issue, but now resolved.