cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boost 2.0 WIFI 6 attached to existing Non Fibre T3200M Router?

Delicaman
Neighbour

I do not have Fibre Optic available at my location. Can I use a Boost 2.0 (Arcadyan) WIFI 6 as a WIFI range extender with my T3200M Data modem? I see there is a Purple Jack for the network cable on the boost. The T3200M does not have a purple plug. The Boost is a spare Router. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I have a T3200 and a Boost 2.0. Just run a cable from one of the LAN ports on the T3200 to the purple one on the Boost. A Boost 2.0 is actually just an access point. The T3200 remains the actual router and any device connected to the Boost pulls an IP from the T3200.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I have a T3200 and a Boost 2.0. Just run a cable from one of the LAN ports on the T3200 to the purple one on the Boost. A Boost 2.0 is actually just an access point. The T3200 remains the actual router and any device connected to the Boost pulls an IP from the T3200.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thats what I thought. So i can just run a 50 ft hard line to the dead zone in my back of my house and set up the boost there. Will I have to use the Boost user and password for the devices in the boost area?

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Yes. There will be a separate network name and password for the Boost. You can update it by using the Telus Connect app (previously called My Wifi) on your phone or logging in to the Boost directly using the password on the back of it. Typically the app is used to configure the Boost when it's first connected.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Another option is to use the MOCA (coax) port on the T3200M to the Boost 2.0. That's what I have as all my ethernet ports on the T3200M are used.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Any advantage to the MOCA port verses Network Cat 5?

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Slightly faster. The T3200M shows the connect speed for the ethernet ports as 1000Mbps and the MOCA port as 1340Mbps.

Additionally you may have pre-existing coax in your home that you could use to place the Boost in another room.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Thank you my friend. Excellent info.. 

Cheers