cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arcaydian NH20A, Boost 2.1 and my own router - muliple wifi networks

ajiwani69
Just Moved In

I have my router in port 1 (Lan) of NH20A and using my original wifi networks for all my devices.

I installed the Arcaydian Boost wifi 6 in the 2.5gb port of the modem and it seems to be working well as well and has the wifi network that came pre-installed on that.  I read the forum of using the NH20A in Brige mode but I did not see in the admin panel what if, anything nedded to be done.  Everything is working well from what is see.

So what's my question - Is there anything else I need to do ?

Can I setup new networks on the wifi boost and does it support 6G of wifi ?

I have 1.5GB configuration, and getting close to 1GB Upload from my laptop dethernet connected to the router but only close to 500mb Download.  What can I do to improve this ?

Thank you for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Your test is a very logical one to do. Points to an issue outside of your control upstream. Make sure the TELUS tech has this info as you've done all you can do.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Nighthawk @NFtoBC @xray is this something you'd have insight into?

xray
Hero
If you don't need to do any port forwarding then what you have now should be good. No need to use bridge mode.
Have you tried testing the download speed with your laptop connected to the lan port on the NH20A instead of your router? That might tell you if the speed issue is with your router or not.

Thank you for answer and confirming this.  I do not need any port forwarding.

Last night I disconnect all the Routers and everything from the ONT.  I connected my Laptop to the ONT and the only device on it.  Checked my Ethernet connection  was at 1000MB.  The Upload speeds were around 925-950MBs but download speeds were close to 400-500.  I did my tests with Ookla and Fast.  

So there is nothing between the fiber form demark and the ONT and then my laptop.  NOthing else on the ONT.

Your test is a very logical one to do. Points to an issue outside of your control upstream. Make sure the TELUS tech has this info as you've done all you can do.